In our school system, each student is placed in one of the four houses ( GREEN, YELLOW, BLUE, RED). A Girl and a boy house captain are assisted by a girl and a Boy Vice-Captain. A Member of the staff assisted by several other teachers act as the House Master/Mistress.
The House system inculcates in the students the values of team spirit, commitment, loyalty, sharing and healthy competition. A student is urged to compete with them self, raising their own excellence bar. Points are awarded to students throughout the year for co-curricular activities through Inter House competitions in sports, Debates, Quiz, Arts & Music and prizes/Trophies are awarded accordingly. At the end of the academic session, the house gaining the highest point is awarded the running trophy.
The aim of the House system is to inculcate and develop the qualities of leadership, public speaking; organizational skills among the students through various inter house competitions and school functions.
All the Houses shall perform the following duties by rotation.
- To conduct the Morning Assembly
- To collect and prepare news of International, National, School and Sports events and also write a thought for the day on the blackboard meant for the purpose.
- To deliver the “Thought” in the form of a short speech in the Assembly.
- To check the late comers and mark in their diaries.
- To help in maintaining order and discipline during the recess period.
- To participate enthusiastically in all Intra-House and Inter-House contests.